Thursday, September 20, 2012

New computer vs Apple stupidity

Back in July, my old computer's graphics card died. And because my computer was so old, we couldn't find a new card that was worth the money. So, mom and dad got me a new computer which blows away my old one ^_^ Anyway, I moved my important stuff from the old one to the new one and continued happily on my way with no problems. Until this morning. I plugged my iPad in to the new computer and iTunes pops up a message saying that my iPad was synced to a different iTunes library and asked if I want to erase it and sync with the new library. WTF? No! I don't want to lose all my stuff and have to set it all up again. So I cancelled out and googled my problem. Well, it's just not my problem. It appears tons of people have the same problem and that there is no solution but to wipe my iPad clean and sync with the new library. There are work arounds, but they fail most of the time. Those that succeed, only do so partially >.<

Sooooo, it looks like I need to backup iPad and start over from scratch, which isn't a bad thing. I will get rid of the cruft that I don't use on it and get back the space. But, still, it's the principle of the it all >.< Common Apple, get your head out of your butt and fix this BUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment