During my free time, I've been playing with Blender 3D again. I've been playing with it on and off since I took the Intro to Computer Animation class back in 9th grade. If you've been away from the program for a while, the interface can seem kind of intimidating. But once you start playing around again, everything becomes familiar and friendly again ^_^
My current focus is mesh avatars for OpenSim/Second Life. I've been working on creating a Drow girl and I think I have the body down now. I used MakeHuman to create her, but I'm using Blender to customize and clothe her. I still need to get her skin texture right. The problem is that the UV map for the MakeHuman avatar's skin is vastly different from the one for OpenSim. So I just can't grab an existing OS skin; I have to make one myself. So far, most of my skins kind of look funky >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment