Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Diva

I discovered that there is a new diva build available. Diva is the preconfigured opensim package that I use. A couple of years ago, I discovered Second Life and wanted to play, but I wasn't old enough. You have to be 17 or older to join now >.< Anyway, mom and I found OpenSimulator (a.k.a. opensim) and she installed it for me on an old PC. Since then, I've had my own private virtual world to play in ^_^ There's really not much there at the moment. The database got trashed and I lost a lot of stuff a while back. I tried to recreate some of it, but got distracted. So I'll probably just trash everything and start over fresh. That's not a bad thing. This new build includes meshes and I only just started playing around with them. Meshes are marvelous things. Until they came along in opensim, you'd have to construct things out of the basic building blocks that you tortured into shape. Or you would have to use sculpties. But the detail of the sculpties failed as you increased the size of the creation. With meshes, you create your idea in a 3D modeling program such as Blender and then upload it to your world. Meshes have as much detail as you desire and the server can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment