I've been having problems for the past year with Blogger not always posting my posts when I tell it to publish them. Instead, it would save them to the drafts folder and I wouldn't see the problem until a few days later. And, it was getting on my nerves because I want to do at least one post a day. >.< While I can't control Blogger's behavior, I can control myself and how I handle it. So, this is what I've been doing for the past month and so far I find it acceptable.
What I've been doing mostly for the weekend posts is writing the post or at least some quick notes and then saving it to Drafts. Later, like today, I would go through the Drafts and look over the posts. If they were complete posts, then I would schedule the post for the appropriate day and publish it. If it wasn't a complete post, perhaps just notes and such, then I would clean it up and publish it the same way as the complete posts. So, in my mind, I am writing a post a day but it just takes awhile for it to show up on the blog. However, it probably makes my blog's posts look out of order and a bit weird until I catch up. I think if you're following my blog in an RSS feed, then you'll see my posts in the order that they're actually published instead of when they were scheduled.
Anyway, I'm going to try this method for awhile longer and see if I truly like it and find it acceptable.
No comments:
Post a Comment