Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Minecraft mods

Lee and I hung out together last night like I said we would try. I felt kind of lonely after he left for work and for some reason, I just didn't want to be around anyone else. I ended up spending the rest of the night working on my painting project, listening to music, and playing Minecraft.

Yeah, I know I said I was going to back off on it. But I found some cool devices that I wanted to try out. I'm playing the direwolf20 modpack from Feed the Beast and I love the Buildcraft, ThermalExpansion, and Forestry mods. I used to use the steam engine (stirling engine) from Buildcraft to power my machines. But I discovered that the hobby steam engine from ThermalExpansion. It seems to be faster and more powerful and fuel efficient than the stirling engine. It does require water to run, but that problem is solved by an Aqueous Accumulator. The accumulator can easily supply three steam engines with all the water they need ^_^ But a couple of the things that I was playing around with last night comes from the Foresty mod: a fermenter and a biomass engine. The fermenter converts tree saplings, water, and compost into biomass fuel which then fuels the engine. The engine produces more power than a steam engine and seems to run longer. I'm thinking that the biomass engine would make the perfect complement to the quarry ^_^ I have enough diamonds to make a quarry. But I'm not sure if I want to go that route because there is another machine similar to the quarry that requires less resources to build: the Filler. It's more complicated to setup because you need to mark out the area it is to "fill." You then need to tell it how to fill that area. One of the patterns allows you to fill it with empty space, i.e., clear the area out. It drops the blocks it removes, so you have to manually run around and pick them up. I think I'll play around with it later tonight after dance class. I also need to make a trip to the Nether. I need to find a Nether Fortress and harvest some Nether wart and soul sand for Thaumcraft research. I also need some Nether brick for another machine that takes Netherrack and converts it into lava.

No comments:

Post a Comment