Okay, I've officially been to all of my new courses at least once this semester and they all look uber cool ^_^
What's really cool is that Painting I is my last class of the day and we can stay in the classroom for a couple of more hours if we want too to work on our paintings ^_^ It's an acrylic based class (we were given a set of acrylics today ^_^ ) emphasizing the basics of color mixing, composition, etc. We also have "out of class" paintings that need to be done. Kind of like homework, but if we want to, we can work on them after class. It's very likely that I won't do that because I'd have to carry around wet paintings.
Trigonometry is starting out slow. We're reviewing basic math concepts like graphing, functions, set theory, etc. But it'll only be for the first week or two. Then we'll get in to the real meaty stuff ^_^
English II is more or less an introduction to literature. Lots of reading and writing. My cup of tea ^_^
I messed up on my description of Intercultural Humanities I. I said it covers up to the Renascence in my previous post. It doesn't. It covers up to classical civilizations: Greek, India, Rome, China, Persia. I would have loved to learn about the Renascence this semester but I'm happy with what I'll be learning for now ^_^
Programming Concepts is about object oriented programming. I've done PHP for middle school and for a few of my mom's clients but never from the object oriented end. Most high level languages are object oriented. Even PHP has an OO aspect to it. This is going to be cool ^_^
Descriptive Astronomy is about the fundamentals of astronomy. We get to learn about timekeeping, how the stars, planets, galaxies, etc., move and interact, about the various instrumentation used in astronomy, and about evolution of planets, stars, galaxies. Most of the class is textbook based, but we will get to work hands on with telescopes ^_^ Even if we didn't, I'd still play around with the one my dad gave me for Christmas (thanks again dad <3) ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment