We're going to visit my uncle today so I won't be around until late. If I get back in time, I'll post another entry here. Lee's still here, I'm using him as a back rest while he snores ^_^
One of the movies we watched last night was Robin Williams' "What Dreams May Come" I actually like their concept of the afterlife. Gives you hope. One of the things that bothers me most about Heaven is that if you get in, everything you could desire will be yours. If I wanted a new guitar, then I would have it. If I wanted to fly, I would. That sound very boring and almost like Hell. In the movie's concept of the afterlife, the same thing applies: you create your own afterlife. However, there is a difference. There are places that are created by tortured souls that could harm and even imprison you. These are personal hells that their occupants truly believe that they deserve. That's the plot of the movie: Robin William's character is on a quest to rescue his wife, his soul mate, from her own personal hell. If he fails, he will lose her for eternity and possibly even be sucked into her hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment