I've been playing around some more with the TerrafirmaCraft mod today. I'm not so sure that I like it as much as plain vanilla Minecraft or Feed the Beast. I found a nearby island connected to the mainland by a strip of land. Relatively large but not too large. I've set up a stockade of log piles and am quite along with establishing myself on the island. However, there are a few things that make me question my continuing to play it.
First, is the mobs. They're extremely tough. Tough enough that I try to sleep the night away to keep too many mobs from spawning and that's on Normal difficulty. Normally, I only use the bed to set my spawn point, but not in TerrafirmaCraft. Mobs here require several hits with the primitive weapons that I have access to. I kind of think it wouldn't be any more difficult to just smack them with a flower >.<
Second, I seem to be occupied with daily tasks when I should be out exploring and caving. In fact, the closest I've come to caving was digging down and finding an underground ravine. I never went further because of the mobs vs weapons issue above. The reason I was digging down in the first place was to find hard rock to use to make simple metal tools that I can, in turn, use to make better metal tools to make better weapons. I've been in the game for like four game months so far and almost all of that time has been spent doing life stuff. Realism is nice, but only to a point.
Third, the mod itself seems buggy and glitchy. I lost a few items because of some of the glitches. I've also lost an expensive item that I ended up cheating back into the game because of the amount of time it took to make. I have no problem cheating something as a work around for a bug. But I get the feeling that I will be doing it more and more often as I proceed. And along the lines of buggy/glitchy, TFC's server seems to spaz out making it almost impossible to play. For some stupidic reason, the mod needs to contact the server. If it can't, then it crashes. Sucks big!
Anyway, enough ranting. It's bedtime for me and if I don't get into bed soon, Sasha will claim my pillow >.< LOL ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment