Saturday, May 11, 2013

TerraFirmaCraft

I was shown this really cool Mod for Minecraft: TerraFirmaCraft. It's awesome. Basically, it makes MC more realistic. You can't just punch trees for logs, you have to use an axe. However, there are no wooden tools. To make an axe without wood, you first chip/shape a piece of stone (found all over the place) into the shape of an axe head and attach it to the end of stick. You can't just make sticks, you have to harvest them from tree leaves the same way you harvest saplings. Almost all blocks are gravity blocks. You can't just tunnel into the side of dirt hill and hide the night away. Nope. The hill starts collapsing like in real life. You have to find a cave to hide in or build a wooden shelter. I like this mod. It forces you to think and use your resources wisely. It's a challenge, but I do have a log cabin now and I'm scouting out new territory for my more permanent build. Oh, and the world gen is beautiful ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment