Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Catching Fire

Yes, I just finished the book, "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins. I would have finished it earlier, but I had dance class tonight with Lee's mom and little sister ^_^

Unlike the first book, I didn't find myself hoping any particular support character would survive like I did for Rue. I sort of knew that Katniss and Peeta would make it. The story would kind of fall flat if either of them died. I guess I kind of rooted for all of them to live but knew that they couldn't; it is after all a continuation of the Hunger Games. And speaking of the continuation, this book kept the continuity of the story intact. I've read some series in which the actions in a preceding book are totally scrambled, as though the author forgot what she had written and didn't even go back and check. Collins either wrote all three books at one sitting or took the time to check her "facts" for the remaining books. Hopefully, she does the same in the final book. Oh, that's another difference between this book and the first. The first book was complete. You can read it and not have to read any of the other books. The second book ended with a cliffhanger. You need to read the final book for the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment