Thursday, October 4, 2012

Downpours

Lee and I were out together tonight, down at the beach watching this awesome storm moving in. I wish I had pics of it, it was that awesome. The wind started picking up and clouds looked evil. We kind of looked at each other and without saying a word ran for cover under a gazebo. The plan was almost perfect except for one little hitch: the rain. It wasn't one of your normal rains where it starts sprinkling and then comes down. With those, you have a few moments of warning. No, this just let loose. It was like someone was dumping buckets upon buckets of water on us. It was nice and dry under the gazebo until we arrived, not dripping wet, but utterly soaked. We were laughing our heads off at first then the chill set in along with the winds. Yeah, not fun. What's worse, was that we had nothing to offer the other to keep them warm. What we had was soaked. In a normal downpour, we'd have said the heck with it and started heading home. We were already soaked. This one, we ended up hanging out for like 20 minutes before it let up enough for to make break for it. We almost made it to Lee's house before the next wave hit. Yeah, wave describes the downpour best. Again, the storm teased us and just as we were entering his driveway, it hit.

Lee's mom directed us out into the garage where she was waiting with some towels. Only once when we had dried off enough so that we were merely wet where we permitted access to the bedrooms and bathrooms. I ended up with one of his mom's long nightshirts that fit like a baggy dress. Hannah was giggling the whole time. All the way up to where I tackled her and tickled her ^_^ My clothes were dry enough by the time Lee's mom gave me a ride home that I didn't have to wear her night shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment