I've been experimenting with it on and off for awhile now, but I think Feed the Beast is my primary Minecraft now. Feed the Beast is similar to Tekkit in that it also bundles collections of mods in to a package and then makes it easy to play. For some reason, I never tried Tekkit, but had no problem grabbing a copy of FTB and giving it a test spin. Recently, they added a new modpack: Magic World. One of the included mods is Thaumcraft 3 and this is why I grabbed that modpack. The pack also has all the basic mods that I like: Buildcraft, Foresty, Twilight Forest, Thermal Expansion, etc. But it was Thaumcraft that got my attention. I loved that mod but lost access to it when MC 1.3 was released.
My home at this point is in a savanna. I was thinking Africa and such. So, I have a huge fenced in area protecting the "house" if you can call it that. I used an acadia tree as a foundation with its leaves as my roof. I then used shears to collect more acadia leaves and used them to build my walls and such. I used wood slabs and fence posts as sort of a skeleton structure. The overall look of it is that of a huge canvas tent. It reminds me of a safari tent on the African savanna. It's been a while since I've built a house on the ground. But I'm happy with the results of this one. Kind of an airy, temporary feel to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment