Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hump Day

Only two more days left of class, then Winter Holidays begin ^_^ And, what's really cool, is that it's actually getting cold now ^_^ I almost froze my butt off this morning when I took the dogs out before school o.o And, it's supposed to be very cold Friday and Saturday with lows in to the 30s F Now, that's Winter ^_^

Last night, I had this great run of good luck in my Feed the Beast (FTB) Minecraft world. Earlier this week, I found enough diamonds to make a diamond pick and an enchanting table. Last night, I finally made it to level 30 again and enchanted the pick: Efficiency IV, Unbreaking III, and Fortune III. How freaking awesome is that! ^_^ Then, while exploring more of the surrounding lands, I discovered yet another nearby village with a blacksmith. In his chest was: 14 obsidian and 4 thaumium ingots (from Thaumcraft). Obsidian blocks. Just enough to make a full Nether Portal. No messing around lava for obsidian. Yes! And thaumium is stronger than iron. I already found a thaumium sword. Now I have some ingots for crafting with ^_^

So, I build my Nether Portal and step through to find that it opens on a Nether bridge. You know, the bridges that span Nether Fortresses. My portal is actually on a Nether Fortress! I couldn't believe my luck. Sadly, I died several times before I calmed down enough to make a plan of attack >.< lol ^_^ I need Nether Wart. I need it for potions and to continue my research in Thaumcraft. In my brief exploration of the Nether Fortress, I didn't find any. I found about four or five blaze spawners though. So blaze rods aren't going to be a problem. The Nether Wart is. All I need is a piece or two and soul sand, then I can mass produce it in the Overworld. I'm hoping that my Nether Fortress has a few pieces of it. But if it doesn't, I'll start looking for another Fortress. According to the wiki, Nether Fortresses spawn along North-South strips. So, once you found one, you should be able to find another by just going North or South a ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment