Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home from class

And I'm hyped! Energized! Alive! I never had so much fun ^_^

Lee's mom and his little sister pick me up and we head over to the class. There's not many people there, maybe about ten, fourteen if you include us and the teacher. The teacher calls everyone in and we all stake our our places on floor,  Hannah's next to me and her mom's behind us. The teacher puts on some slow, classical music. I recognize it but can't think of the name. I'm also a little disappointed. What the teacher has us doing is nothing like how Lee's mom described it. And almost as though she read my mind, Lee's mom moves close and softly tells me that this was just the warm up, "not everyone is running at 110%, 110% of the time." *giggle* She was right. Once the warm up was over, the music was changed to a faster, techo kind and we were shown various dance moves. Once the teacher believed most of us could do the moves, she swapped out music again and started choreographed routine using the moves that we had just learned. ^_^ Anyway, the best part of class came after we did several of the "dances" as a group. The class moved to the sides of the room and anyone that wanted to dance solo could take their turn on the floor. There were only five of us that soloed: the teacher, of course, two of the younger women, probably future dancers, myself and Hannah. The teacher went first to demonstrate. Then the two women, each in turn. Next was Hannah. OMG! she was hilarious ^_^ I think some of her mistakes and moves were done on purpose just for me to see ^_^ I went last and once I started getting into it, it felt like I was in a dream. I didn't really care what I looked like, I just moved with the music. And I wasn't confined to a small space like my bedroom and such. I had a huge room to dance and float in ^_^ The idea behind the class was to become aware of your body, your thoughts, your emotions, your feelings, etc. You were constantly reminded to observer how your body moved, which muscles did what, how they felt, etc.

After class, Lee's mom took us to McDonalds, her treat. Yes, another adult was blown away by how much a little girl named Emily can eat at one sitting ^_^ LOL ^_^ She then dropped me off at home, still munching fries, and I thanked her for everything. She told me that the class meets every Tuesday, if I was interested ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment