I'm not sure what mom has planned for today. I'm hoping that it won't involve me very much. I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping for her and dad and my friends and Lee and my pups and Sasha ^_^ We didn't do any shopping yesterday for fear of being mauled at the mall lol ^_^ But seriously, it was just unnerving Thursday night at Walmart. We both looked at each other and decided no way. So much commercialism for a Holy day. People seem to forget what Christmas means and why we celebrate it. Mom and I aren't the only ones that see this. A good number of employees at Target also voiced their concerns to the corporate heads and at least got Black Friday moved back to Friday instead of Thursday night. Thanksgiving seems to have only become a day to stuff our faces in preparation for the shopping marathon that comes on Friday.
Anyway, I've been having problems with my guitar strap coming off my guitar of late. I've been lucky that I've been sitting when it comes off; otherwise, my guitar could be damaged or broken. I googled the problem wondering if I was the only one having trouble, maybe I'm attaching it wrong. I found out that I'm not doing anything wrong and that it is a common problem. So common, that there are solutions out there: guitar strap locks. These replace the ones on the guitar and sell for about $15 a set. The guitar straps have a "button" hole on each end and there are two "buttons" on the guitar. To attach the strap, you just push the buttons through the strap holes. The problem is that the hole is big and the button head is small. Like clothing buttons, the little button comes out of the hole easily. The solution: a detachable button with a very large head, large enough that it can't go through the hole. From what I understand, guitar strap locks convert the button and hole style to a secure snap style greatly reducing the risk of the strap coming off.
No comments:
Post a Comment