Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Clear night sky

A half full moon and stupid 8pm curfew >.< It's too nice a night to be trapped in the house so early. I barely made it home in time tonight. I know I wouldn't have if I hadn't got a lift on a scooter ^_^

I'm not sure if I'll be doing a second installment of my music lessons at the moment. Lee in his way knocked me upside my head. He said that I was spending way too much time book learning about music and playing the guitar. When asked how I learned to play a new video game, I told him that I just start playing and figure it out as I go along. It's more fun that way. He then said that what I should be doing to learn to play the guitar: Just do it! Yup, just like the Nike commercials. I should still read about chords and techniques and such. But I shouldn't worry about why everything is the way it is. To demonstrate, he took my guitar and just played, making it up as he went along, saying this is what he and the drummers did at the beach. Improv.

No comments:

Post a Comment