Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yard work day

To all the kids out there that want to mow their lawn but can't because they're not "old enough": Listen to your parents! Mowing the lawn looks cool and fun but in reality it's WORK! You think taking out the trash, picking up dog poop, cleaning out the litter box is fun? Mowing the lawn is almost as bad. So, next time you hear the lawn mower start up, do what every intelligent creature does: run the other way! >.< This public service announcement was brought to you by the letters M, L, and E ^_^

Yes, mom volunteered me to mow the lawn today since I did such a wonderful job of it last time. I found several fire ant mounds and two wasp nests. Luckily, they didn't find me. The lawn was dry so the mower blew tons of dust and dirt everywhere, mostly on me. But, the lawn looks so much nicer. My pups can run around and not look like they're swimming. Sasha is kind of annoyed. She liked playing tiger and stalking things, usually the dogs ^_^ I then helped mom cut some branches down and bundle them and weed and sweep the driveway. Once the work was done and I was showered, I could enjoy the outside.

It's freaking beautiful outside, even this time of night. I wish everyday of the year could be like this. Well, not really, but it would be nice if there were more days like this. Mom shut off the AC this morning and we opened the windows. I love the way the house smells after the windows have been opened for most of the day. It's an autumn scent. That's another reason I would like more days like this ^_^ But, when we couldn't have the windows open all day, mainly because of mowing the lawn. Just too much dust and such would have ended up in the house.

Lee came over after we finished the yard work and finally came inside. He got to see my "nest" which happened to be on the floor today. He also seemed to know what it was about o.O He thought my guitar was a nice beginner's guitar. He asked what good was a double eye patch. Huh? When I looked to see what he was talking about, he was holding up my blue bra that my stuffed dog was wearing as ear muffs O.O I'm sure I turned a glowing crimson as I snatched it away from him explaining to him that they're not eye patches but ear muffs. My stuffed dog was cold this morning >.< LOL OMG he has the most beautiful laugh. Anyway, he got to stay for dinner: chicken pot pies and homemade cookies ^_^ Afterwards, we watched "The Secret of Kells" It has an animation style similar to "Samurai Jack" It also happens to be one of my favs and Lee never saw it before either, but liked it too ^_^ He left for home like 30 minutes ago. Mom offered him a ride, but he had his scooter and would be fine. I got a txtmsg a few moments ago say that he made it home okay ^_^ and a few additional comments *^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment