Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Steampunk and posters

I finished another book before dance class, "The Tinkerer's Daughter" by Jamie Sedgwick. It's sort of a steampunk combined with magic and elves and barbarians. It seemed to drag a bit with fifty-three short chapters. The style was "matter of fact" in feel. I was able for the most to predict its outcome. There were a couple of places were a plot twist would have been welcome and I was actually looking for it. But the twist never happened. The book is about a half elf, half human girl named, Breeze, growing up in a world were humans and elves hate each other and are at constant war. Breeze decides that she will fix this problem and heal the wounds so that there can be peace. In the end, she does this by uniting the humans and elves against another race of evil beings through the use of the airplane.

I need to find something with more substance to read. Or something silly ^_^

I'm going to take down my poster of Jacob (a.k.a. Taylor Lautner) as soon as I find something to put up in its place. Twilight is boring. It was boring after the second book, and the second movie. Vampires are boring, well, the one's in Twilight are any way. Werewolves aren't boring. Werewolves are cool. Bow ties are cool. Fezes are cool. ^_^ I wonder if any one reading this post will catch the references of the last two o.O lol ^_^

And, on a closing note, flowers. Each flower is about the size of a dime. People call these weeds O.O


No comments:

Post a Comment